Mater Health Services is an Australian not-for-profit provider of public and private health across seven hospitals, a medical research institute, and pathology and pharmacy businesses. It has a diverse and multi-generational workforce including predominantly female clinical employees (85% are part-time), specialist medical employees (currently male dominated but female numbers are increasing), as well as business services staff, catering, cleaning, waste management and many others. Rostering of this varied workforce presented difficult challenges for Mater Health’s management.
Mater Health needed a solution that could:
- Help manage the changing needs of the already diverse workforce
- Roster employees effectively and productively
- Ensure compliance with healthcare regulations
“Kronos was chosen for the quality of its solutions, its understanding of the workforces needs of the healthcare industry, as well as the continual support that it provides as a business partner, rather than just a solutions supplier.”
Executive Director of People and Learning
Kronos helped Mater Health better manage its diverse workforce with real-time data and tools to improve rostering, timekeeping, and compliance.
Workforce Central suite
- Schedules thousands of employees across multiple business functions and locations
- Aligns the right employees with right skills at right time in the right location
- Collects accurate timekeeping information that is automatically sent to payroll
- Ensures compliance with healthcare regulations
Kronos has helped Mater Health Services reduce the administrative burden of payroll through automation, as well as providing complete transparency of its workforce. Mater can manage its vacancies and rosters to suit both the organisation and the employees.