Lipari Foods’ 950 employees struggled with manual processes that provided no visibility into labor data for effective workforce management. One staffer spent 10 hours weekly collecting and manually recording driver and remote employees’ voice mail time entries. HR staff manually checked warehouse employee punches on all timesheets to ensure employees weren’t taking long breaks or punching in early. Company acquisitions led to a disparate mix of manual and automated time and attendance solutions.
What Lipari Foods needed was a solution that could:
- Streamlining time and attendance approval as well as the payroll process
- Help managers oversee employee time to control labor costs
- Reduce compliance risk associated with OSHA and Department of Transportation regulations
- Support a doubling of employee numbers to onboard employees quickly and easily
“The Kronos suite has been a major tool in many of our cost savings initiatives. It’s been the central point. We’ve been able to use the information and functionality in the solution to be confident in the decisions we’ve made.”
Brian Zilo, SPHR
The automated Kronos® solution streamlines processes and optimizes workforce management to increase productivity, control labor costs, and mitigate compliance risk.
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
- Manage multiple payroll requirements for job type, location, and classification
- Manage 38,000 pay rules to comply with union bargaining agreements
- Control costs and improve HR productivity by eliminating the need to enter data into multiple systems
- Reduce risk with a single solution for applying, storing, and accessing workforce information
- Manage talent with automation that reduces tedious tasks and lets employees focus on what they do best
The Kronos solution gave Lipari Foods a single database that easily integrated with other solutions, while also providing full scalability necessary to handle growth. Lipari can now determine the actual cost per delivery, which helped to create an incentive-based pay program — they estimate improvements in productivity that equal 8 to 10 percent of total payroll costs. Implementing an automated solution enabled Lipari to nearly double in size over five years without increasing HR staff. Lipari is confident that employees are paid accurately, which has helped in managing compliance, increasing employee satisfaction, and virtually eliminating paycheck errors.