Komatsu is a worldwide leader in high-productivity mining solutions, spanning six continents and more than 20 countries. With localised rules and processes, gaining a comparative or global picture of performance was challenging, and the lack of visibility into detailed labour data made it difficult to compare actual time to standard made operational improvements. Having no standard time and attendance and shop floor data collection tool across the company made for minimal labour analysis.
What Komatsu needed was a solution that could:
- Report on weekly global performance metrics that would allow management to make more informed business decisions and increase profitability
- Gain visibility into labour data that would support continuous operational improvement
- Centralise processes across the organisation and provide consistent interfaces with its HR system
“With the labour data collected in Kronos, we now compare actual hours to the standard…This will help increase profitability, because we have a better handle on our cost structure.”
Global Kronos Manager
A global Kronos® workforce management solution with easy access to detailed labour data for informed decision making that helps improve operational performance and productivity.
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimise compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements
Workforce Absence Manager
- Identify workers with attendance issues to improve workforce productivity
- Gain visibility into trends and patterns with on-demand reporting to control absence costs
- Get complete automation and enforcement of absence-related policies
- Eliminate time-consuming manual tracking with streamlined data into one portal
- Ensure that the right people with the right skills are where they need to be
- Gain on-the-spot insight into a project’s status so you can avoid over-staffing and control staffing costs
Komatsu was able to deliver workforce data from around the globe, allowing management to utilise metrics and improve business performance. The Kronos solution gave Komatsu both the global consistency and flexibility necessary to accommodate for local variances. Labour data allowed managers the real-time visibility needed to compare actual hours to the standard, which made it possible to see how much time was spent on each task, supporting overall continuous improvement. With the ability to compare performance from site to site, Komatsu was able to make improved production decisions.