Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit organization focused on providing a complete continuum of care through its 11 hospitals, 60 clinics, pharmacies, medical transportation services, and home and community services. The organization needed a more efficient, automated scheduling solution. But it also needed a solution that would help ensure compliance with union contracts, and provide real-time visibility of accurate employee data and detailed reports — all to better control labor costs and improve productivity.
What Allina needed was a solution that could:
- Automate scheduling for fast and efficient schedule creation and shift coverage
- Consider complex union contract rules and certification requirements
- Increase visibility into workforce data and improve accountability
- Provide reporting capabilities to track and reduce unplanned overtime
[The Kronos solution] saves me four to six hours a pay period, and now people believe the data. They feel comfortable getting into the system, looking at their information, and it’s much more efficient. I’ve seen managers act more quickly on productivity and cost-related items.
Allina Staffing Systems Consultant
Automated scheduling and workforce analytics solutions from Kronos helped Allina improve productivity and provide real-time access to employee data for better decision making.
- Reduce scheduling time and quickly fill open shifts
- Comply with contract rules license/certification requirements
- Gain real-time visibility into schedules and timely and trusted reports on workforce data to control unplanned overtime and help control labor costs
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
Workforce Analytics™ for Healthcare
- Gain insight into critical employee data to make more informed decisions
- Compile accurate and timely reports to gain insight into overtime and control labor costs
With automated scheduling, time keeping, and analytics tools from Kronos, Alliance was able to gain greater insight into their workforce to schedule the right person with the right skills at the right time. Schedule creation time has been reduced and open shifts are quickly filled while taking into consideration contract rules. Increased visibility of workforce data allows manager to act faster on information to help track and control labor hours and overtime. And with core reports on their desktops, managers can easily see incremental overtime by employee, allowing them to reduce unplanned overtime and better control labor costs.