LONDON, U.K., 28 Apr, 2020
Taking action to help organisations and their essential employees during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic while providing new functionality for businesses to consider when creating plans and implementing protective measures for reopening in the future, Kronos Incorporated today introduced an automated reporting capability for employee contact tracing that will be available for Workforce Dimensions, Kronos Workforce Central, Kronos Workforce Ready, and Kronos iSeries Central customers globally at no additional charge.
- To aid global contact-tracing efforts and support the many essential business operations and public sector services provided by its customers, Kronos has introduced an automated reporting capability to help streamline the employee contact-tracing process, if needed, for tens of thousands of organisations worldwide.
- Leveraging data science to analyse labour records and time and attendance data collected by a Kronos solution, the new capability can generate a simple report organisations can use to quickly identify and communicate to employees who may have come in contact with a co-worker who has tested positive or is presumed positive for COVID-19.
- An employer can generate a contact-tracing report using only the afflicted employee’s ID number to identify potential contacts – i.e. employees clocked in at the same time and same location as someone testing positive or presumed positive for COVID-19 – based on overlapping shifts.
- As national, local, and health officials dedicate an increasing amount of resources to various contact-tracing initiatives, this information can empower organisations to partner with health officials to rapidly notify potentially exposed employees and ensure their people receive appropriate care, treatment, and proper direction – such as self-quarantining instructions and initiating heightened cleaning efforts in exposed work areas – to help reduce the risk of further virus transmission.
- The employee contact-tracing capability is available free of charge with self-service instructions provided for an organisation’s Kronos administrator in the Kronos Customer Community.
- Kronos customers are also urged to visit the COVID-19 Resource Centre on the Kronos Customer Community for many other tools and resources available to help organisations navigate the pandemic, including specific information on how to clean timekeeping devices, free access to employee badges and 24/7 support, and several knowledge base articles to configure their system to meet changing regulatory requirements, work rules, and specific needs.
- Ultimate Software, which joined forces with Kronos on 1st April in a monumental merger, has similarly delivered UltiPro product enhancements and resources to help customers, employees, and corresponding communities navigate challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, both Kronos and Ultimate have delivered feature enhancements to their respective solutions to help organisations handle taxes, payments, and leave management related to new legislation, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Gregg Gordon, vice president, industry, Kronos
“We have never been more devoted to the success of our customers, who are doing everything possible to ensure the safety of their people while providing essential services that benefit so many of us. Recognising that contact tracing is key to reducing further spread of COVID-19 and ensuring appropriate care for anyone exposed, we have greatly simplified this complex process in the workplace for our customers so they can take rapid action to communicate to essential workers if notified of a presumed-positive case at their facility. Doing so may support critical efforts to minimise future spikes of the virus while helping organisations develop plans and protocols for their reopening.”
- For practical guidance supporting employee well-being and workforce productivity, visit the “Managing Through Times of Uncertainty” resource centre.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organisations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Kronos merged with Ultimate Software on April 1, 2020, to create one of the world’s most innovative HCM and workforce management companies. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is a leading global provider of cloud human capital management (HCM) and employee experience solutions, with more than 51 million people records in the cloud. Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, and time and labour management, as well as HR service delivery solutions. Founded in 1990, Ultimate is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and employs more than 6,000 professionals. To learn more, visit www.ultimatesoftware.com. Ultimate Software: People First.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.